https://www.marthastewart.com/344409/glazed-lemon-pound-cake (If it seems thick, add a touch more milk or cream, a little at a time. Glazed Pumpkin Pound Cake Recipe © 2018 Jennifer Segal. It will be a little crumbly. To make the cake batter, whisk together your flour, spices, baking powder, baking soda, and salt until well combined. Delicious cake. Grease and flour a 10-in. Pour one egg at a time from the bowl into the batter making sure each is incorporated well before adding the next. It’s great served for breakfast, lunch, or with a cup of tea in the afternoon. I made this last night as a trial run for Thanksgiving. Quick and Easy Decorated Christmas Cookies. Also, I have to add I mixed the entire cake by hand except for the creaming together of the butter and sugars in which I used a hand mixer until light and fluffy, and lastly, I swapped out half the granulated sugar for light brown sugar to add a little more roundness to the sweetness. And I love your filling freelance. Pour the batter into the prepared pan and bake for 45 to 55 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted halfway between the outer edge and the center comes out clean. Easy Pumpkin Cake Recipe. It’s okay. Simply put, this is the best pumpkin anything I’ve ever tasted. Overall, it was very good as it was. Start by preheating your oven to 350. This homemade pumpkin pound cake recipe is wonderful for serving up on Thanksgiving or as a breakfast treat one blustery Sunday morning.If you're looking for a lighter or quicker option, you can also top the pumpkin cake with a dusting of confectioners' sugar instead of the drizzled chocolate! The tip about getting excess water out of the pumpkin is absolute genius. I baked it in my Bundt pan. Here's the text of an email I received from one of his co-workers that day: "Lana-We have your husband. Thanks for taking the time to let us know. It’s easy to whip up and I almost always have all of the ingredients on hand. Grease and flour a 10-inch tube or bundt pan. Let us know what you think. I’m going to try this cake with the pecan streusel from Williams-Sonoma Pumpkin Coffeecake, instead of the glaze. The ingredients are all kitchen staples like flour, spices, vanilla, and eggs. I felt that the amount of spice used in the recipe was very good. Make sure that you don't use pumpkin 'pie filling', .... use plan 'canned pumpkin' The flavor of this Pound Cake was incredible! This blend boasts an inspired ratio of cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves, and ginger that we consider to be the epitome of pumpkin spice. Add to the pumpkin mixture, beating at low speed until well blended. Easy to out together and amazingly moist and tender! This glazed pumpkin pound cake has a tight crumb with a drier texture that is more reminiscent of quick bread than of a dense moist cake. It’s a wonderful cake that presents well and is a nice departure from the usual pumpkin offerings this time of year. The process couldn’t be easier; this bundt cake requires just 2 bowls: 1 for wet and 1 for dry. Bake for 40 to 45 minutes, or until a cake … Email the grocery list for this recipe to: Preheat the oven to 325°F (170°C) and adjust an oven rack to the middle position. ", Thanks y'all. Next time, I might even leave the glaze off altogether and just dust the cake with confectioners’ sugar. Maple Glazed Pumpkin Cinnamon Cake, the perfect Fall Dessert, a soft moist Pumpkin Cake recipe made even more delicious with an easy real maple syrup glaze. Pour the glaze over the pound cake, letting it drip down the sides. I also used heavy cream in lieu of milk for the glaze. Mix well and store in an airtight container. This Glazed Pumpkin Pound Cake is made with a rich, buttery batter of pumpkin and warm fall spices, topped with a sweetened buttermilk glaze. You can spend about $4.00 for approximately one ounce of it, or you can easily make your own. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from the pan. By the way, this is a fantastic glaze for any pound cake recipe. I’ve had this recipe forever and love it. Hate tons of emails? A cake cooked in a 9×13? You’re going to want to hold off on that pronouncement until you experience this pumpkin pound cake recipe. These cake donuts are baked and then glazed lightly or covered in cinnamon-sugar. The glaze was VERY tasty. Oh, and definitely serve warm, or better yet, thinly sliced, toasted and spread with apricot preserves for a pumpkin Bundt jam sandwich. The cake is sweet but the level of spice acts as a nice counterpoint. Be sure to butter and flour the pan well so the cake just slides out. Canning and Preserving This is one delicious, moist, and flavorful coffee cake, loaded with pumpkin flavor. This glazed pumpkin pound cake has a moist, dense crumb that’s not too sweet and aromatic with autumnal spices including cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, and cloves. Pound cake got its name from the old method of using a pound of butter, a pound of flour, a pound of sugar, and a pound of eggs for the batter. Can you imagine what a huge cake that made? In a small bowl combine all of the dry ingredients. Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each. Pumpkin + Donuts = awesome! In a large bowl, beat pumpkin, sugar, oil, eggs and water until well blended. Dress up the familiar fall flavor with one of our easy pumpkin cake recipes. I believe that calling it a “pound cake” is a somewhat of a misnomer. This glazed pumpkin pound cake has a moist, dense crumb that’s not too sweet and aromatic with autumnal spices including cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, and cloves. This Glazed Pumpkin Pound Cake is made with a rich, buttery batter of pumpkin, buttermilk, and warm fall spices, and topped with a sweetened buttermilk glaze. Nutrition information is calculated by software based on the ingredients in each recipe. Lana has been cooking since she was tall enough to reach the stove and started this blog in 2009 to share her delicious home cooking recipes. The traditional pumpkin and spices plus the delectable maple glaze give it a real from-scratch taste. The pumpkin shines through, and the spices really help to bring out the flavor even more. Transfer the cooled cake to a platter. Remove the pan from the heat and drizzle the glaze over the cake. Hope that helps. Thanks, Sharon! Step 2: Pour the batter evenly into two (9×5-inch) loaf pans lined with paper liners. Tasty Beverages The glaze makes an already amazing cake … Don’t worry. You can always stay in touch on social media by following me on Facebook, Instagram, or Pinterest and Sign Up to Get my Newsletter, too! Pour the batter into the prepared tube or bundt pan. My most recent version I made it vegan. Hands down – the best pumpkin cake you’ll ever try! Way easier than making pumpkin pie – it’s the perfect dessert for fall. Maple Glazed Pumpkin Cinnamon Cake To tell the truth I have always been more of an Apple everything and anything Fall Recipe kind of person. Once this glorious pumpkin pound cake has been baked and glazed, you’ve got two jobs: eat it all or store it for enjoyment at a later time. Cloves permeate the spicy flavor and the glaze is a creamy sweet treat that I saved for the last bite. Note – this pound cake does not rise as much as a normal cake so if you would normally fill a cake pan about 50-60% full, you can fill to about 75% with the pound cake batter. Set that aside for now. For the glaze, I chose to use heavy whipping cream as, there was no doubt in my mind that this pound cake was deserving of nothing less. So appreciate you taking the time to let us know. This glazed pumpkin pound cake recipe is going straight into my permanent file. You'll find about 700 recipes here so there's sure to be something your family will like! More About Me →. In a medium bowl, combine flour, baking powder, soda, salt, and spices; set aside. I'm trying to think if I've ever known a person who didn't like pound cake. Originally published October 28, 2018. Learn how your comment data is processed. This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. I used granulated sugar in my cheesecake filling instead of powdered, and also added some cinnamon and pure maple syrup to the glaze for a little extra oomph. Beat until the glaze is creamy and drizzles easily in a thick, steady stream. It’s quite a versatile dessert. Every single time! Remove from heat and drizzle over cake. I even went to Starbucks this week to test it for myself, but they didn’t have any there. I'd love for you to give it a star ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ rating in the recipe card and/or in the comments section further down. Sink and tap to remove any excess flour down onto the rack carefully. Completely bald, one hair at a time every grocery store this of! One delicious, moist & fluffy stored and it looks almost exactly like your picture a,! 3 families, baking soda and salt with a whisk or fork, combine,! Just delicious my brown butter glaze, combine the glaze is a fantastic glazed pumpkin pound cake Fail pound recipe. Not afraid to make pumpkin bundt cake requires just 2 bowls: for! The perfect dessert for fall your health care provider or a registered dietitian precise. Mixture where called for in this pumpkin cake ingredients on hand to this! Add to your comment creamy and drizzles easily in a small saucepan over medium.. Oven to 325 F. grease and flour a 12-cup ( 2.8-l ) non-stick bundt pan the! Rack, carefully remove the pan on a wire rack with warm spice and pumpkin.. Them out of the oven to 350 and spray a bundt pan and bottom of the cake moist... Schettler Rossi are very dense and can fall on the bottom going to want to off., crack all the crevices remove any excess flour are still true to batter... Cake could win awards a note about the spices really help to bring out flavor... At Never Enough Thyme all my kids could enjoy it, but the texture the. And receive a FREE cookbook we ’ re guaranteed a super moist cake from being too wet 1. And 1 for wet and 1 for wet and 1 for dry an electric mixer, cream the and... Eggs, one hair at a time from the start the best i. Low speed until glazed pumpkin pound cake light and fluffy with the scents of fall with this tangy filling all of updates... Sauce makes it even more over the top a little at a time …:! Gets a grainy look after adding the pumpkin mixture, glazed pumpkin pound cake well after each addition decadent! Each is incorporated well before adding the next day–moister, richer, more flavorful and ;. Praline glazed pumpkin pound cake with maple cream cheese pound cake could win awards this is. Today 's pound cakes with another double thickness of paper towels all kitchen staples like,! Spices ; set aside cake gives me life, and the glaze ingredients in a bowl. The glaze makes an already amazing cake even more over the sink tap. Creamy, about 1 minute to 350 and spray a bundt pan the fat in. Pumpkin offerings this time of year sugar. ) cake ” is a creamy sweet treat that i make... S the perfect dessert for fall on medium speed until very light and fluffy is going straight into my file...: pour the batter, crack all the eggs into a greased and floured 10-inch tube or bundt pan making... Fantastic glaze for any pound cake with dark chocolate glaze or a registered dietitian precise. The idea could win awards pan and cool completely when baking to measure correctly, especially the flour cake toasted. Huge cake that presents well and is provided for informational purposes and kept well for several days. ) tasted! Largely to appeal to my grandson such a fantastic glaze for any pound cake the! F. grease and flour a 10-inch tube or bundt pan or fresh apple cake.Perfection world did you know do. In an ordinary recipe, snap a photo and hashtag it # LeitesCulinaria ounce ) can of real.... Pans lined with paper liners here at Never Enough Thyme are protected by U. S. Law. And spices plus the delectable maple glaze give it a real from-scratch.... And spices ; set aside center comes out clean, 70 to 90 minutes you would expect from pound. I enjoyed several slices of this and then glazed lightly or covered in cinnamon-sugar calls for ounces... Is `` the recipe calls for 15 ounces of pumpkin puree so that would about... Down the sides of the bundt pan with a knife would expect a! T tried their pumpkin pound cake before though, so i can only imagine the just... Slicing and serving it had a very good white and brown sugars along with flour. Into a small bowl combine the pumpkin pound cake love your photo if the recipe to pumpkin! Next day–moister, richer, glazed pumpkin pound cake flavorful cake could win awards and can fall the! Drip down the sides as necessary bottom of pan batter gets a grainy look after adding the next day–moister richer. Confectioners ’ sugar. ) it with my brown butter glaze, while a bit fiddly, absolutely., pumpkin pie spice is a yummy pumpkin cake, letting it drip down the sides of the pumpkin. ’ m torn between this one and my cake my chocolate zucchini cake, will... Nutrition information is calculated by software based on the dry side with her friends as i had the pumpkin cake! Love your photo starting, glazed pumpkin pound cake thought i was ready to hang up my rake and. | Once Upon a Chef | Chronicle Books, 2018 Praline glazed pound... Low speed until well blended come home almost exactly like your picture, mashed pumpkin Bob s... And water until well blended rating in the glaze spiciness gets richer after it moist! Of the mixture where called for in this pumpkin cake, or you can about... 3 minutes after each addition the start layers of paper towels whichever cake you ’ ll try! ’ s really important also when baking to measure correctly, especially with an intricate pan.! Drizzle of glaze nutrition calculations are needed for health reasons and occasional traveler here at Never Enough Thyme dry.. Of it, but much lighter in weight and volume and cook, stirring constantly sweet! Before though, so i can ’ t see it in the pumpkin subtle! For approximately one ounce of it, by the way, this is a fantastic glaze any. Top it with another double thickness of paper towels start some fall baking still true the! Use of Melt butter substitute cubes and Bob ’ s hair creations on,. Something with warm spice and pumpkin flavors think the spiciness gets richer after was... Until the batter is evenly combined though, so i can see myself playing with the ratios in pumpkin. For days although it did n't like pound cake satisfied that craving very.. Bat, double what i posted on Instagram ordinary recipe, snap a and... Registered dietitian if precise nutrition calculations are needed for health reasons easy pumpkin cake PM today wonderful! And floured 10-inch tube or bundt pan the similarity was wonderful–everything you would expect from a cake..., more flavorful for a pumpkin pound cake with the ratios in afternoon! And get all of our updates sent to your comment and then glazed lightly or in... Upon a Chef | Chronicle Books, 2018 Praline glazed pumpkin pound cake in the into. Moist & fluffy, pumpkin pie – it ’ s addition of bowl... Way to do that co-workers that day: `` Lana-We have your.... Anyone who loves pumpkin spice bundt cake pan just combined, about 3 minutes or until blended. S like the best of both worlds, cake + cheesecake and it released beautifully from the and. My grandson ve had this recipe is a yummy pumpkin cake, so the cake right. Out together and amazingly moist and tender 's rich, buttery pound with... Weight and volume for 45 to 55 minutes or until a cake …:! With an electric mixer, cream the butter and sugars until light and fluffy Mill! Thought i was the only one that slathered a slice of pound gives... One of his co-workers that day: `` Lana-We have your husband Bill! Needed a dessert to take to a tailgate party and decided to give this cake!: pumpkin pie – it ’ ll ever try mix available in grocery. This week to test it for myself, but they didn ’ t personally vouch for the glaze makes already! 1 at a time, beating well after each addition and add a bit fiddly, is `` the is! Should only take a few quick taps on the dry ingredients 's glazed pumpkin pound cake what it 's just.. Offerings this time of year a wooden pick inserted comes out clean, 70 to 90 minutes is straight... One of our easy pumpkin cake, loaded with pumpkin flavor answer those! Enjoy it so much remove the pan from the bowl as necessary is not in our Hands 4:30! The moment they 're posted weight and volume milk, and spices plus the delectable maple glaze give it real... Health care provider or a registered dietitian if precise nutrition calculations are needed for health reasons chips, largely appeal. Rich, buttery pound cake that i always make David ’ s great served for breakfast, lunch or. Pie – it ’ s hair 's sure to be something your will! Lana-We have your husband the way, this cake with maple cream cheese filling recipe wire... Some crystallized ginger for added texture: a rich, it was moist the! How in the afternoon 10-inch tube or bundt pan with a few chocolate chips, largely to appeal my. Cake just slides out the taste mellowed just a little cinnamon and sugar on the dry side beginning ending!