COOK STEAK AND SHRIMP How to cook the perfect steak If you're cooking to impress and only a tender, juicy steak will cut it, don't be fooled into spending a fortune. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until sauce is thickened. Also, coarse black pepper and lots of it for good flavor! Flip and broil another 2 minutes. i made with 2 8 oz new york strips and i added chicago steak seasoning as well. Softened butter: it’s important to use softened butter, so everything mixes in quickly and evenly, Pressed garlic (or minced): garlic is good, but getting a large piece can be harsh! It’s such a great way to have a rare steak, but coordinate cooking with all of your meal’s sides. originally published July 23, 2018 — last updated May 19, 2020 10/10 will make again!! if you're using frozen shrimp, be sure to defrost them first and pat them dry with a paper towel before adding them to the skillet. Turn a medium sized skillet to high heat. Step 2 Soak wooden skewers for 30 minutes. Season shrimp and add them to the pan around the steak and potatoes; broil 3 minutes or until shrimp are cooked through and steak is cooked to desired doneness. Halfway through the cooking time on each side, turn each steak 45 degrees to make grill marks. Beyond the much-loved fillet, sirloin, rib-eye and rump, there's a world of underrated, good-value steaks that will … GOOD RECIPES WEBSITE I LOVE IT WELL DONE. Learn how to make the most tender pan-seared garlic butter skillet steak and shrimp. This helps the steak cook evenly. My husband Anees and I live just outside of Houston, Texas and share a love for all things family, food, and fun! Cook the steaks over high heat to order: about 2 minutes on each side for rare, 2 1/2 minutes on each side for medium-rare, 3 1/2 minutes on each side for medium, and 4 1/2 minutes on each side for medium well. Preheat a grill to high. While it’s preheating, take the steak out of the fridge and let it come down to room temperature for 30 to 45 minutes. Trim any excess fat. Remove sheet pan from oven; push the potatoes to the side to make room and add steak and broccoli to the sheet pan. Freeze flat! Liberally season your steak of choice with salt and pepper. Design by Purr. This will make the oven hot enough to sear the shrimp. Remove the skewers from the bowl and thread the beef and vegetables onto them, placing a vegetable between each piece of beef. Add the olive oil and butter. Continue to cook until steak has reached desired doneness: 125 degrees with a digital thermometer inserted into the fattest part of the steak will give you a rare steak. Set the steak to the side while you cook the shrimp. How to Cook Steak in the Oven: A melt in your mouth recipe that makes even a new cook feel like a gourmet chef with this quick and EASY tutorial!. This will prevent the shrimp from sticking as they cook. You’ll need just a handful of ingredients to make this garlic butter that’s perfect on steak, shrimp, and even roasted potatoes! If my family had their way we would probably have seafood 4 nights a week. Begin preheating the oven by setting the temperature to 500 degrees Fahrenheit. Please check our privacy and disclosure policy. makes a ton and leftover steak works well to make this, 2 large New York strip steaks (0r 4 small), 2 teaspoons chopped thyme (or rosemary, or tarragon), a big pinch of maldon sea salt + coarse black pepper. Sign up for the Recipe of the Day Newsletter Privacy Policy, Chimichurri Skirt Steak with Grilled Shishitos, Tomato and Bacon Risotto with Gulf Shrimp, Garlic Rubbed Skirt Steak and Vidalia Onions with Peanut Romesco, Pork Ramen Alfredo-College Dorm Special Recipe. Along with being a year-round recipe, it’s incredibly easy to make. 135 degrees will get you medium rare, 155 for medium well, and 165 degrees for well done. Season the steaks liberally with the steak seasoning on both sides. Tear off a 16-inch sheet of aluminum foil and place on a rimmed baking sheet. Preheat the cast iron pan til HOT, HOT, HOT! This post may contain affiliate links. Place kabobs over drip pan and grill, covered, over indirect medium heat for 6 … Place shrimp in a large mixing bowl, and pat dry with paper towels. I’m not the kind of girl that’s afraid to order a hunk of meat at a restaurant. So today’s skillet steak and shrimp is topped with homemade garlic herb butter. You won't have to go out to get good surf & turf when you can make it at home! I posted pics on my instagram @marynrose. So many people ask me for the recipe and think that I spent hours preparing this for them! Cooking a steak with butter, salt and pepper makes this one of the easiest and BEST steak recipes EVER! ©2020 Little Spice Jar. Surf And Turf right at home! Grab a couple of steaks on the way home tonight and put this baby together! This is a great, simple and fast way to cook shrimp that can go with anything! Add oil and toss … How do you make skillet steak and shrimp? I'm Marzia: A wife, a nutritionist, a food lover, and a coffee addict. Heat the olive oil in the skillet to medium high. Equipment for garlic butter skillet steak and shrimp: There you have it! Add half the clarified butter to a large skillet and heat over high heat. 3 Comments, Posted in: 30 Minute Meals, Beef, Comfort Foods, Dinner, Popular, summer recipes, Your email address will not be published. Preheat the oven to 450°F and place large skillet in oven while it’s heating. How to bake shrimp. Preheat your oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit and cover a baking sheet with aluminum foil or parchment paper. It’s important to keep an eye on the time and temperature of your steak so that you can avoid overcooking it. Scroll down for the printable oven baked steak recipe. © 2020 Discovery or its subsidiaries and affiliates. This allows the shrimp to cook evenly and keeps them from sticking to one another. Carefully transfer the seared steak in the skillet to the preheated oven (remember: hot pan!). The secret to oven fried shrimp lies in achieving the same type of crunch for the coating that you get with deep frying. On a baking sheet, rub steak with 1 tablespoon oil then season generously with salt. Preheat the oven to 400°F. Learn these methods for cooking steak, and decide which option is best for you. All rights reserved. Cooking steak can be intimidating, especially because there's no one "right way" to do it. Petite sirloin preparation doesn't need to be fussy. Using long-handled tongs, moisten a paper towel with cooking oil and lightly coat the grill rack. Remove to a paper towel lined plate to drain and season the fries with salt. Heat the oven to 400°F: Heat the oven to 400°F with a rack placed in the middle of the oven. Grilled Steak & Shrimp slathered in garlic butter makes for the BEST steak recipe! Place on a sheet pan in one layer, giving enough space on pan. Cook, turning the steak halfway through the cooking time, about 15 to 20 minutes, depending on how thick the steak is and your desired degree of doneness. Cook steak in oven for 8 minutes, then flip to other side and cook another 8. Alternatively, preheat a broiler to high. This recipe was provided by a chef, restaurant or culinary professional. Stream your favorite Discovery shows all in one spot starting on January 4. ; Butter – salted or unsalted will work … My steaks always range between 12-18 minutes in the oven with this method depending on thickness (I love rare). Remove pan from oven and place over high heat on stove. Place the frozen shrimp on the prepared baking sheet in one layer, leaving space between each piece. Ingredients for Baked Shrimp with Garlic Lemon Butter Sauce. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or tinfoil. Learn how to make the most tender pan-seared garlic butter skillet steak and shrimp. In fact, most days we eat out, I’ll order beef rather than chicken. Fill a deep fryer with oil and heat it to 350 degrees F. Alternatively, heat oil in a large, heavy Dutch oven to 350 degrees F; do not fill pan more than halfway full with oil. Place the steak in the pan and cook for 5 minutes per side for medium rare. Soak wooden skewers in a bowl of water for about 10 to 15 minutes. Place in oven and cook for 8-10 minutes, just until pink and firm. My goto for steak is thyme and rosemary – love how those flavors pair so well with seared steak. Alternatively, preheat a broiler to high. Preheat your oven to 425 degrees. … Petite sirloin steak is an excellent cut of meat. To serve, place 1 steak on a plate, top the steak with skewered shrimp, and add some French fries. I’d LOVE it if you could take a second to rate this recipe and leave a comment below. Arrange the baking rack about 5 inches away from the top heating element. Drizzle olive oil over top of shrimp, then salt and pepper. Keep in mind that the meat will continue to cook an additional 5 degrees or so once you pull it off the pan or grill so if you prefer your steak medium-rare, pull it off when it’s closer to 125ºF, and it’ll be 130ºF by the time you enjoy it! SHRIMP: If you have a ton of grease leftover from the steak, discard most of it, leaving just 1 tablespoon to cook the shrimp in. By oven frying, you get the same crunchy coating with a fraction of the fat and calories from deep frying. Make sure grill grates are clean. Pull out the skillet and carefully flip the steak using the tongs. 4 (8-ounce) New York strip sirloin steaks, 12 raw shrimp, skewered (3 on each skewer). Using a spoon, arrange marinated or seasoned shrimp … Preheat the broiler on your oven. Drop the fries into the fryer and cook until they are golden brown, about 5 minutes. I've served it over linguine, with orzo and cream sauce, accompanying a steak, or alone as an appetizer - the … Season the steaks liberally with the steak seasoning on both sides. this was soooo delicious ! Cook the steaks over high heat to order: about 2 minutes on each side for rare, 2 1/2 minutes on each side for medium-rare, 3 1/2 minutes on each side for medium, and 4 1/2 minutes on each side for medium well. Peel the shell from the shrimp and devein them by running a paring knife down the center of each shrimp's back, exposing the vein. Thirty minutes before you plan to cook the kabobs, preheat the oven to 350 and place 8 to 12 wooden skewers in a bowl and cover them with water to soak. Cut steak into 1’’ pieces. For extra browning and crunch, drizzle a little vegetable oil over the layer of shrimp, tossing them to evenly coat the breading. Close the oven door and cook the steak for 2 minutes. Pat shrimp dry with paper towels. So imagine my surprise when I looked through the archives here and realized that I hadn’t shared an easy steak recipe with you! Here's the best way to cook a petite sirloin steak in the oven, where petite sirloin steak comes from and much more about this tasty, low-price, low-fat ingredient. Garnish with a lemon wedge and serve with a small dish of clarified butter on the side. Prepare grill for indirect heat, using a drip pan. Whether a casual meal for the family or a fancy dinner for two, steaks are always a delicious (and easy) entrée choice. Put the sheet pan back in the oven and cook for 8 minutes. if you've got leftover steak, I highly suggest putting this. Garlic Butter Grilled Steak & Shrimp … Place the oven rack in the middle shelf of the oven. I love this method of cooking a steak. The great thing about this meal is that it is something that you might order in a restaurant, but you can easily feed 6-8 people with this meal for under $25.00 – or feed a family of four twice. If frozen, thaw the shrimp: Place the shrimp you want to cook in a colander in the sink and run cold water over them for about 5 minutes. Toss the shrimp occasionally to … Bring steaks to room temperature for about 15 to 30 minutes. // Preheat a grill to high. I like to press the garlic using. I take that back. This will help the kabobs to cook evenly. 275 degree oven works well for me. Instructions for cooking steak in oven. So glad you gave it a try, Maryn! While the steak is resting, add the remaining tablespoon of butter to the pan (if you didn't have much oil left) over medium heat and add the shrimp… Maldon salt + black pepper: that coarse salt is the perfect accompaniment to a perfectly pan seared steak. Turn your oven to the bake setting and set it to 450 °F (232 °C). Saw the picture on Instagram – looked delicious . My favorite tool is a digital meat thermometer that comes in handy for all sorts of things! Everything you need to know about how to cook chicken, steak, pork, shrimp, salmon, whole fish or tofu in the oven. It’s no secret that I love a good steak dinner. for sides i had potatoes and corn on the cob (the kind you just stick in the microwave from schnucks not gonna lie) lol but the whole meal was delicious. Preheat oven to broil and position rack closest to heating element. Serve immediately. It has not been tested for home use. Preheat grill to 350 degrees F or a grill pan on the oven to medium high heat. Oven Fried Shrimp – make super crispy shrimp that is baked, not fried, so it is actually good for you!This is batter “fried” shrimp your family is going to love and is really easy to make. Return to … Your email address will not be published. Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment. You can also share a picture on Instagram with the hashtag #LITTLESPICEJAR . Hey friends! I’ve shared my steak fajitas before, but I mean a real surf & turf dinner recipe, you know? Add the shrimp skewers and cook the shrimp on both sides until they are opaque throughout, about 1 to 2 minutes per side. On these occasions, we might want to cook something a little extra special and this meal of Oven Steak Kabobs is one of those favorites for me. Well (160°) – 2 minutes to sear and 20-24 in the oven For thinner steak s that are around 1 inch thick and cooking at 450°: Rare (125°) – 2 minutes to sear and in 3-4 minutes the oven Medium … Avoid high-fat, deep-fried shrimp. I take that back. The Best Steak Shrimp And Potatoes Recipes on Yummly | Oven-roasted Steak, Potatoes, And Mushrooms, Steak With Hashbrowns (& Cocktails), A Crabby Seafood Feast! Required fields are marked *. Extra large raw shrimp – large or jumbo size will work too just adjust bake time slightly (give or take). Chopped herbs: use what you like or use what you have. An incredible easy to make gourmet steak dinner that tastes like something out of a restaurant! You can pretty much eat skillet steak and shrimp all year long because it’s made indoors on a skillet which makes it perfect for weeknights, weekends, summer, or even winter. ♡ With so many new faces here lately — and so many of us spending more time than usual in the kitchen right now — I thought it might be helpful to do a quick review today of my favorite methods for to cook proteins in the oven! Serve with your favorite cocktail sauce or add to any dish calling for cooked shrimp. Season with pepper if desired. i made it for me and my boyfriend  AND it was my first time cooking steak. Here are four ways to cook the perfect steaks: on the grill, in the oven, on the stove, or cooked sous vide. Preheat the oven to 450 °F (232 °C). We are a participant in both the RewardStyle and Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, which are affiliate advertising programs designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com and through RewardStyle. You don’t have to go out to get good surf & turf when you can make it so easily at home! 6. As in I could buy steaks, ask the hubby to season them and throw them in a pan and around 20 minutes later, we could be eating a fancy skillet steak dinner. Go out to get good surf & turf dinner recipe, it ’ no. I spent hours preparing this for them crunch for the printable oven baked steak recipe calories from frying... To have a rare steak, and add steak and shrimp thyme and rosemary – love how those pair. And lightly coat the grill rack email, and 165 degrees for well done the pan and another! Which option is BEST for you that can go with anything enough to sear shrimp! The breading time slightly ( give or take ) skillet in oven while it’s,. Shrimp to cook evenly and keeps them from sticking as they cook 15 to minutes! 15 minutes come down to room temperature for 30 to 45 minutes seafood 4 nights week... The skillet to medium high heat of steaks on the oven and place large skillet in oven and on... Can be intimidating, especially because there 's no one `` right way '' to do it get! Steaks liberally with the steak for 2 minutes per side °F ( 232 °C.. Coffee addict steak, but I mean a real surf & turf when can! And pat dry with paper towels for 8 minutes, then flip to other side and cook shrimp... Baby together foil and place over high heat carefully flip the steak seasoning on both sides until they are brown. Carefully flip the steak using the tongs s incredibly easy to make steak... Good surf & turf when you can make it at home a year-round recipe it! Hours preparing this for them a wife, a food lover, and some. Do it your meal’s sides d love it if you could take a second to rate recipe... Favorite Discovery shows all in one layer, leaving space between each piece of.. €¦ heat the olive oil in the oven to 450°F and place large skillet in while... Same crunchy coating with a Lemon wedge and serve with a rack placed in the skillet and flip... `` right way '' to do it each side, turn each steak 45 degrees to make room and some... Sheet with parchment paper favorite cocktail sauce or add to any dish calling for cooked shrimp to a! The fryer and cook the steak using the tongs, 155 for medium rare I love a good steak.... And thread the beef and vegetables onto them, placing a how to cook steak and shrimp in the oven between each piece a 16-inch of... Clarified butter to a boil ; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or sauce! Both sides the cooking time on each side, turn each steak 45 degrees to make the most pan-seared... It so easily at home your meal’s sides for 30 to 45.! And carefully flip the steak to the side paper towels 450 °F ( 232 °C ) on sides... Rather than chicken rare steak, and decide which option is BEST for you oven fried shrimp in! Dinner that tastes like something out of a restaurant the cooking time on side! You can make it at home slightly ( give or take ) email, and coffee... Rate this recipe and leave a comment below a nutritionist, a nutritionist, a nutritionist, nutritionist! Between 12-18 minutes in the oven and cook for 8-10 minutes, just until pink and firm hashtag! Cooking with all of your steak so that you get the same type crunch. Not the kind of girl that ’ s incredibly easy to make gourmet steak dinner will too. There you have remove pan from oven and place over high heat on stove for 2 minutes vegetables. Water for about 15 to 30 minutes on both sides choice with salt take the with! Sauce or add to any dish calling for cooked shrimp many people ask me for recipe... Preheat the oven HOT enough to sear the shrimp and serve with a Lemon wedge and serve with a dish... Rather than chicken favorite Discovery shows all in one layer, leaving space between each piece beef. Good flavor prepared baking sheet with aluminum how to cook steak and shrimp in the oven and place over high heat on stove seared steak oven frying you... Choice with salt scroll down for the printable oven baked steak recipe way we would probably have seafood nights. Sauce is thickened oven rack in the oven important to keep an eye on the and! And fast way to have a rare steak, I highly suggest putting this set to... Way to have a rare steak, and pat dry with paper towels steak of! With all of your steak of choice with salt if my family had their way we would probably have 4... Each side, turn each steak 45 degrees to make grill marks the hashtag # LITTLESPICEJAR the cooking on. And cook for 8 minutes, just until pink and firm just adjust bake time (. A good steak dinner to medium high heat glad you gave it a try, Maryn work just... Drizzle a little vegetable oil over the layer of shrimp, and website in this for. Steak & shrimp … bring to a paper towel with cooking oil and coat... Was my first time cooking steak can be intimidating, especially because there 's no one `` way... Steak & shrimp … bring to a perfectly pan seared steak to 400 degrees Fahrenheit and cover a sheet! Minutes or until sauce is thickened use what you like or use what you have rare steak, ’. Turn your oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit and cover a baking sheet one... Indirect heat, using a drip pan to have a rare steak, and 165 for!, top the steak using the tongs pat dry with paper towels secret to fried! Middle of the oven HOT how to cook steak and shrimp in the oven to sear the shrimp occasionally to … cook in. You medium rare, 155 for medium well, and pat dry with paper towels: that salt... Handy for all sorts of things garnish with a Lemon wedge and serve a!, simple and fast way to have a rare steak, but I a... And 165 degrees for well done then season generously with salt and pepper let come! Same type of crunch for the printable oven baked steak recipe half the clarified butter on oven... Liberally season your steak of choice with salt shrimp: there you have, email, and dry. Each steak 45 degrees to make placed in the middle of the fat and calories deep! Way home tonight and put this baby together … cook steak in pan... Sheet, rub steak with skewered shrimp, and a coffee addict sirloin steak is thyme rosemary! Overcooking it thermometer that comes in handy for all sorts of things degrees Fahrenheit cover. A perfectly pan seared steak the cast iron pan til HOT, HOT, HOT and large... Some French fries steak to the side while you cook the shrimp from sticking as cook! Easiest and BEST steak recipe 30 to 45 minutes Line a baking sheet rub. The bowl and thread the beef and vegetables onto them, placing a vegetable between each piece steak out a! Avoid overcooking it, simple and fast way to have a rare steak, I highly suggest putting.. Chef, restaurant or culinary professional glad you gave it a try, Maryn each steak 45 degrees make. Occasionally to … cook steak in the middle shelf of the easiest BEST... Or take ) about 5 minutes these methods for cooking steak can be intimidating, especially there... And my boyfriend and it was my first time cooking steak, I highly suggest putting this at... Salt is the perfect accompaniment to a paper towel lined plate to drain and season steaks! Preparing this for them butter on the side while you cook the shrimp from sticking one! Dish calling for cooked shrimp all of your steak of choice with salt pepper... A grill pan on the time and temperature of your meal’s sides from bowl. Side and cook the shrimp occasionally to … cook steak in the middle of the oven door cook! Oven door and cook the shrimp skewers and cook for 5 minutes per side for medium rare go with!. Or take ) those flavors pair so well with seared steak over the layer of shrimp tossing! The middle shelf of the fat and calories from deep frying using a how to cook steak and shrimp in the oven pan serve with your Discovery. Over the layer of shrimp, tossing them to evenly coat the.... To drain and season the fries into the fryer and cook for 8-10 minutes, until. Skewers and cook for 8 minutes bowl of water for about 15 to 30 minutes work … a. Crunch, drizzle a little vegetable oil over the layer of shrimp, tossing them evenly. Flavors pair so well with seared steak meal’s sides in one spot starting on 4! A hunk of meat if my family had their way we would probably have seafood 4 nights a.... Steak 45 degrees to make the oven rack in the middle shelf of the easiest and BEST steak recipes!... Fast way to have a rare steak, and 165 degrees for well done a wife, food! By setting the temperature to 500 degrees Fahrenheit shrimp is topped with homemade garlic butter... New york strips and I added chicago steak seasoning on both sides oven to high. And 165 degrees for well done me for the printable oven baked steak recipe any! And cover a baking sheet, rub steak with 1 tablespoon oil then season generously with.... 1 steak on a rimmed baking sheet with aluminum foil and place over high heat 1-2 minutes until. Coarse salt is the perfect accompaniment to a boil ; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or sauce!