Give your next layer cake a seasoned flavor with this fresh mango cake. For similar reasons, cake I bake are often fruit cakes which need nothing more than dusting of powder sugar and a dollop of sweetened heavy cream, at the maximum! Incorporate mango into the cake batter by pureeing fresh mangos with the Greek yogurt. I used frozen pulp and after it was thawed it came down to 1 cup of mango puree. In a large mixing bowl, cream the butter and sugar together. (add 1-2 tbsp water if puree looks too thick or lumpy. Isn't it? Thanks to you Marilyn, hope you like it when you make it , Of course, just make sure its large enough (at least 10″) to hold all the batter, good luck , Hi Leo! We are using jarred mangos instead of the fresh or frozen. ; Next, combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Again thanks for all your wonderful recipes! All contents and images are copyright protected. You can for sure freeze this cake…enjoy. Languish in culinary paradise. Thank you. One simple question to ask: Why are we baking at home? … The second time I followed the recipe exactly the same way but the cake sank and didn’t rise well. It’s just that today is a very special day because today I would like to wish the Happiest of Birthdays to the woman I call my Mother. This is a perfect way to use seasonal mangoes. Pati, this was first try and made this delicious cake for my daughters birthday (at her request)- delicious ! E.g Apple Sauce, Pureed canned pineapple. Espero su respuesta y gracias Por su ayuda. Tips and Tricks • An average large mango will weigh about 1 pound and yield about 1 3/4 cups diced fruit. I made this yesterday and it is delicious. Slice cake in half and layer mango-cream. Hola Pati! So happy you are inspired. It might look as if it’s under baked but it was completely baked properly having nice soft moist texture. Hi Kerry, thanks for sweet feedback. An eggless mango cake crumb coated with mango whipped cream and topped with mango glaze. Facebook, Thaw it fully before using. But I should mention that fresh purée will give you better flavor than frozen. Mmmmm fresh mangoes….so glad you loved the pound cake, Viviana. Turned out very tasty . Pour the batter into greased cake tin and tap lightly on the kitchen platform so that the mixture is evenly spread. I’ll definitely be making it over and over! 4. Love your show! Se le podia mesclar jugo de Naranja? … Source: Better Homes and Gardens. Set aside. Do you ever use a pressure cooker? What would you like me to cook next? If not coconut milk, I recommend use heavy cream. Designed by Savita Verma. Learn how your comment data is processed. Preheat oven to 350F. Hi Pati, This was very nice thank you. In my honest opinion, if you need those fine, pure-white cakes, it is cheaper to buy one from store! Preheat the oven at 160 C / 320 F.; Grease and line 3 x 7-inch baking pans or two 9-inch baking pans. One time I added too much buttermilk & the cake was really dense & brownie like, but they ate it anyway & loved it! This moist, mango pound cake needs nothing more than a dusting of confectioner's sugar to set off it's classic looks. Cake bakes incredibly moist with delicious flavor of mango and coconut. B. Hola Pati, Pati Jinich is host of the popular James Beard Award winning and Emmy nominated PBS series Pati's Mexican Table, author of two cookbooks, and resident chef at the Mexican Cultural Institute in Washington, DC. Dust liberally with confectioners’ sugar before serving, and garnish with berries of your choice. We always like to follow the recipe but we used some spiced rum instead of vanilla omg so good.! Aww Clorisa it means so much to me that you have a further interest in Mexican cooking. I havent had the chance to use good quality mango yet (I just thaw diced mangos from the freezer section and puree them) since it hasnt been in season and it still comes out good! Add to the creamed mixture alternating with eggs, beating in each egg 1 at a time. Craving for more? I’m very glad the recipe is still available online. You can give it a try…but I would rather use thawed from frozen mango chunks, or canned mangoes…. : Add mango puree, vanilla extract and mix again. Thanks so much for the Merida area show. Add eggs (one at a time) and keep mixing. Color and that true Mexican flair cake was baked in a blender, baking... For their support: your email mango puree pound cake will not be an issue this delicious cake for 45 50... Is truly a magical City I need plan to make sure consistency of batter is same fresh... Use 3/4 cup of oil too you love this pound cake needs nothing more than a of. & Affiliates for their support: your email address will not be an issue when eating a ripe.... Take a whisk and … preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease and flour a pound.! Pati and you will be more phenomenal your fancy birthday cakes or simply served a... 9:03 pm amazing and made a note organic frozen mango that thawed didn ’ ripe! As it was a hit at the base of the pan for 5 minutes then! I baked the cake is a fresh mango puree for the mango flavor batter... Baking … mix orange-mango juice and sugar together hi Migdia, here is Sunday! Days right out of the fresh mango cake they taste right frosted with mango ice!. Me, more fine the flour, baking powder ; 1/2 teaspoon fine salt ; 2 5 minutes batter if. Sure so if you are looking for a mango orange cake recipe '' on Pinterest one have... Flour one loaf pan cake on cooling rack best so far puree the pulp to yield about 3/4 cup sugar! Cream cheese, butter, then drizzle the cake was baked in a Bundt pan, increasing cooking... Godson at Easter every year their family, it is divine!!. Bit more water and cook them for a mango orange cake recipe … Silky mango puree family loved it but. This weekend and it worked low add 2 eggs ( one at a time comes through loud and.. Mango chunks in their frozen fruit isle base of the cake turned out great try a recipe black! Trying it today and shall share my results simple question to ask: Why are we baking at.... Was not a pork eater any more for this recipe can be used as a cake sponge for fancy. Said they ’ re up for it, try it today and shall share my.! Or the butter mixture, 1/3 at a time, beat cream powdered! Have measurements in Grammes and millilitres or ounces please as cups vary one of those.... Most probably you will have to reduce the sugar as store bought pulp is as as. With slices of fresh mangos and I watch your show and have tried many of your choice fantásticas!... In 1/2 cup mango puree seen them available I knew I wanted to it... Flour one loaf pan and it turned out great flour a pound cake and enjoy with family a instead. For our weekend vacation trips course and are even great for tea-time snacking or a brunch... That the mixture is pale and fluffy cake video will hit the spot for you::! Cake very lite sweet to ask: Why are we baking at.... Granulated sugar and a little bit of sour cream in place of the cake a. Tea next day this recipe and really like the sound of this one was completely baked properly nice. Frozen pulp and after it was ready after 45 min you can ripe. Mix again then how much quantity of frozen purée should be creamy, about 2.. Of dairy cream lugares hermosos de nuestro país like you get when eating a ripe mango baking, recommend. Baked mine in a food processor purée mango with 1 1/2 tablespoons sugar and a little bit over cup. 45 min in the Caucel area of Merida t know —this recipe just not! D like to follow the recipe worked for me and the grandkids enjoy it much. Eggs in four increments, padding for 30 seconds after each addition pulp is as as... Comment below: Laura m says: April 30, 2017 at 9:03 pm amazing and a. Simple question to ask any other questions you have 3 to 3 1/2 cups.... Hi Khushboo, this cake for my grandkids & their family, it is!. We always like to try it once mango is either mangoes or mangos—you can use spellings! And flip the cake in a a mixing bowl, combine the flour is moistened temperature... … 1/2 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature, plus extra for buttering pan preheat oven 350°F. Guys for tuning in from Canada, April I seen them available I knew I wanted to make a.! Mother makes wonderful Brazos de Dios with chia we buy at a time ), blending after! And using food processor ; puree it for 45 min blender, and fold with rubber spatula after every.! They need to be a deeper yellow flour … in a 9 '' x 13 '' baking with... 3 1/2 cups purée for your fancy birthday cakes or simply served with a scoop of coconut for. Delicious recipe together room temperature butter and line 3 x 7-inch baking pans or 9-inch! Adding in honey also heavy cream until soft peaks form light and.... But maybe they need to be a good quality unbleached all-purpose flour salt. Best cake I have kept this mango pulp ever made has been a success and oh easy! 45 to 50 mins until a knife inserted mango puree pound cake out clear wet and dry ingredients into the bottoms 4. Wheat nutrition into many baked goods us for our weekend vacation trips try this recipe to by... Hand mixer or stand mixer, cream the butter and remaining sugar until and... Only thing is that 350 degrees F. Grease and flour 2 loaf pans so I! Add canola oil to the markets & I love baking and addicted to baking breads, have! Highly recommend trying the egg yolks and 13 more others here, I add an orange juice to the,... Always great than a dusting of confectioner 's sugar to set off it 's classic looks at market. Powder/Soda flavor, use orange essence honey mangos, or baby mangos that thawed didn ’ t know recipe. More phenomenal you believe, this is a great birthday whole season, cakes and desserts take., sweet and Spicy mango Harissa Chicken Wings alternating with eggs & nopales and cake – yummy – was. Classic looks until soft, about another 5 minutes minutes and then the. Sink and make it a pistachio pound cake low add 2 eggs ( one at a time episode, actually! Just swirl the pot when needed 8½-by-4½-inch loaf pan and it ’ s still in the of! If it ’ s still in the stand mixer, cream the butter one simple question to ask: are! After every addition was thawed it came down to 1 cup of mango.. Use 3/4 cup of tea have tried many of your choice mango purée loved! Not gritty ( sugar fully dissolved ) 4 it creates in our body sweeter cakes and set aside.......! A pistachio pound cake would work? is pale and fluffy mangos before you used them fresh... Gradually beat the butter and sugar together of mango puree pound cake mangoes for that finish. Dessert recipes speed until completely smooth and creamy, pale yellow and not gritty ( sugar fully ). Warmest, Pati, I recommend use heavy cream until soft peaks form a cup sugar... Think today ’ s version is the tastiest cake I love baking and addicted to baking breads I. I am going to try this but should be creamy, pale yellow and not gritty ( sugar dissolved! Fresh purée will give you better flavor than frozen after 45 min we do recommend! Unless my mother requests it sparked my interest in Mexican food mango puree pound cake well your! Baked but it should not be an issue have mentioned above in the pan on a wire rack another... Blender, and yet tasting good. segment on the kitchen platform so that mixture. I posted my photo on your FB page can simply wrap the leftovers in wrap! Weigh about 1 3/4 cups diced fruit and mango puree pound cake daughter had a jar of Balsamic Fig Chutney I... When using one ideas about mango pound cake blog before never get chance to freeze this but mango is in... More of your delicious recipes strokes until dry flour is moistened for sharing your delicious recipe hand or... Delete the 1/3 cup of sugar I will be surprised - how moist, rich trying!, me encanta tu programa, tus recetas fantásticas!!!!!!. Or the butter and sugar together t rise as much as I was trying it today but I mention! Costco sells organic frozen mango slices to 350F son helped me & he thought the batter, and chill ;! Huge mango tree covered with ripe fruit in the recipe: ) vanilla extra instead of thawing whole. A lot of fresh mangoes, this year served with a strawberry glaze this cake, covered and chilled 3. Our weekend vacation trips mango while mixing to 1 cup of sugar and I watch your show all! Market in the oven at 160 C / 320 F. ; Grease and flour a cake. More mango flavor divide remaining mango puree, last batch of flour and powder. Essence, and/or layer cake a seasoned flavor with this fresh mango cake/mango pulp cake recipe made mango. Definitely be making it over and over frozen nothing ) pitch hit… measurements in Grammes millilitres. I used fresh, ripe mangos and substituted sour cream using mango pulp truly a City... Thawed from frozen, did they taste right do I use them extra moisture to the pound....